Privacy protection and personal data processing
1. The Seller collects personal data concerning the Purchaser communicated by them at the Site. The Seller commits not to disclose this data to third parties. The data is confidential and shall only be used for internal use in processing of Orders, or to enhance and personalize the communication, for instance by informative mail/e-mail, as well as within the context of the personalization of the Site according to the Purchasers’ recorded preferences.
2. As a result, the Seller undertakes not to sell, commercialize nor send to third parties the Purchasers’ related information. In case of assignment or use by third parties of personal data, the Seller commits to inform the Purchaser in advance, in order to allow him to exercise his opposition right. The Seller may also provide consolidated statistics, concerning its Purchasers, sales, exchanges structures and information at the Site, to trustworthy third parties. However, those statistics shall not contain any personal data. The present Article shall not, however, be construed as preventing the assignment or business transfer or sale to third parties.
3. Pursuant to the European and National legal provisions which are applicable to the General Conditions (1), the Member may exercise his right of access to the filing system and his right to rectify the personal data concerning him. He may exercise his right of deletion of the personal data concerning him by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Moreover, pursuant to the same provisions, the processing of personal data collected at the Site has been notified to the Commission for the protection of the privacy. The Seller Company is in process of registration as the controller of the personal data processing. Within the company, the person responsible for the personal data processing and for answering the Purchaser’ inquiries on that subject can be reached by firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The Site uses ‘cookies’. Cookies are small text files transferred to the User’s hard-disk. They aim at tracking the Purchaser’s previous Site usage. Furthermore, cookies are used by the Seller to personalize the service offered to the Purchaser. The Purchaser has the possibility to configure his browser to reject cookies. By doing so, he chooses the opportunity to personalize the service offered by the Seller.
5. Certain web pages of the Site may contain electronic images or ‘web buoys’, allowing counting the number of the page visitors. Those web buoys may be used with some of the partners of the Seller, for instance to measure and improve the efficiency of certain actions. The information obtained through those buoys simply allows compiling statistics related to the frequenting of certain pages of the Site, in order to better serve Purchasers.
(1) The Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and the national transposition laws (Belgian Act dd. 8 December 1992 Act on Privacy Protection in relation to the Processing of Personal Data).